Friday, December 15, 2006

I think I may have learned something important

This semester has yet again been as much of a learning experience as the day I found out there is a difference between "our" and "are." I can't articulate all I have learned, because much of it is felt. I carry myself differently, I perceive things differently, I drink a lot of Arizona ice tea (probably more than any sane individual does). My roommate Tyler is in a sense somebody who I would rather be at times. He's a free spirit that does what he wants whenever he wants and doesn’t over think the situation at hand. I think way too much, probably why I eat so much green food. But, good has come out of it, I’m slowly learning to go with the flow much easier than I use too, thinking a lot less. However, this also cuts into my creative process, but compromise is good especially if it means I am happier even if I have less to produce.

I am probably going to get 2 D’s this semester. I have never gotten less than a B+ on any philosophy class, so I am a little ashamed. The quality of my work is important, especially since all these philosophy teachers know me as one of the better students. This new work I have done is inconsistent with the old work, my integrity diminished. Therefore, right now I am making the claim (hopefully I will hold to it) that my last semester at Chico is going to be one in which I focus my energy into my work, and not get lost some where between parties, pot and work.

Being single has had its ups and downs. I started going out seriously the day I got to college, and it wasn't until my senior year before I had any freedom to act as I wished. Problem is I didn't even know how to act or what I should act on. So, this semester has been a learning process. This hot neighbor of mine always comes by offering sex for green food, I still haven’t excepted since I would feel used and that I had been involved in some Rastafarian prostitution scheme. And who is to say she shouldn’t pay me in green??? There have been other propositions I have turned down, including velma from couch bandits and this ugly girl at work. Maybe I am just still scarred to even get close to a women, because my one and only turned my insides into an old man at a bar on drink number 12. But I am still cool, I am still collected, and I am defiantly ready to get plastered and not think twice about it.

So, what’s next for me. I can only hope that whatever I learn is covered in salt, but lends a sweet aftertaste. The last semester has been salty, it has been sweet, I have made enough money to have fun for 5 weeks, and I plan on seeing all my desires through to practical application.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I am not returning to the states for the hollidays, I am putting it on you oh cousin of mine to enjoy ... everything extra for me. so please, soak up the sun, laze around, eat good things, and hit on random strangers at bars, since with my family in tow for the next three weeks I will be misssing out on that very important christmas festivity. mery christmas/happy hannukah.and new years too.